Sunday, December 29, 2013

RIBBED KNIT SCARF PATTERN

Men can be SOOOO hard to stitch for!!!! I have two sons and other than simple (and novelty) beanies and afghans I come across very few patterns that they will actually welcome.  Crochet patterns tend to be more lacy and feminine, so when I learned to knit I had a goal of finding some masculine patterns that were manly man approved.....it's a tough search!!  LOL  A few weeks ago I sat down with yarn and needles and set to work perfecting the MAN's scarf! I sent pics to my younger son to get approval and this one won out.....other than he said it should be a much darker color....but since lighter colors photograph better I kept going in this color :D 

I am fairly new at writing knit patterns, so if you choose to knit this up please leave me a comment about your experience (good or bad) with my pattern.  It's super simple, only 4 rows repeated, so it's the perfect take a long project. 



***Feel free to make as many of these as you want for profit, but remember to give credit to me, Amy B Stitched, or link back to this page!!***

RIBBED KNIT SCARF


Materials:
6 oz worsted weight yarn
size 8 needles

Cast on 24 (pattern is worked in a multiple of 4's)
Row 1: [K1, P3] across.
Row 2: [K2, P2] across.
Row 3: [K3, P1] across.
Row 4: P across.

Repeat rows 1-4 until scarf measures 72" or desired length.  Bind off in pattern on row 1.
Weave in ends securely.


after photographing I realized this pic shows the finished end of the scarf.....so if you are looking at your scarf and you say "it doesn't quite look the same"......just turn it upside down :D