This Stitcher's Gotta Eat!!! Cheater Enchiladas Recipe

Okay.....so I know I'm not the only one out there that gets soooo engrossed in a project that I TOTALLY forget that I have a family to feed....RIGHT?!?!?!  And I can only get away with "sandwich night" every once in a while.  It's actually a bit easier now that hubby and I are Empty Nesters....but still....we need to eat!!!!

So the other day I found myself in the predicament once again.  It was late and hubby and I were both pretty hungry.  After scouring through the fridge, freezer and the cupboard I came up with a decision to improvise.

THREE INGREDIENTS is all it took for my CHEATER ENCHILADAS!!!

Frozen Beef Taquitos
Your favorite salsa
shredded CHEESE!!!

 I mean....what is an enchilada except some sort of tortilla, sauce and cheese, right???

The first ones I made in the electric skillet....added a little oil to the bottom to prevent sticking.  Made one layer of taquitos (I think I used 10), Covered it with Salsa. Covered that with cheese.  Put the lid on and cooked on Med-High until cheese was melted and it was heated through.  The taquitos turned out pretty crunchy  on the bottom this way....but I kind of liked them.  If you want to avoid crunchy just put some salsa on the bottom of the skillet before putting the taquitos down.

please excuse the sight of the well used skillet!!!  It sure does help to keep the house from heating up!!!

You can also make them in the microwave.  Just put your desired number of taquitos on a microwave safe plate or dish, Cover with Salsa and Cheese.  Heat until bubbly. (my microwave took only 2 minutes to make this plate of two!!)



Hubby was pleasantly surprised by how good they tasted!!  Paired with a little salad or your favorite "Mexican" side dish and you have a super quick and tasty meal!!

Hope this helps you out when you are in a pinch to fix something quick to feed yourself or your family!!

Blessings!!!
Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts