Meandering Paw Prints SKINNY Scarf Pattern

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

2017 Was a GREAT year here at Amy B Stitched and I really want that to keep that vibe going through 2018!!  And what better way to do that than releasing a new FREE pattern on the first day of the year!!! 

Meandering Paw Prints Scarf pattern became popular very quickly, and with that requests for other patterns using the paw print stitch. Today I am releasing # 8 in the Meandering Paw Prints pattern series. It is the Meandering Paw Prints Skinny scarf!!!  It is a simple repeat of 5 rows!! You will be able to memorize the pattern quickly and work on it while watching television or whatever it is that  you do. It is a great width for someone who does not need the warmth of a wider scarf and is the perfect width for a child's scarf! You can customize it however you like as well!! Add fringe, or NO fringe. Or you may just choose to stitch the ends together to fashion for yourself an Infinity Scarf!!


Remember....I am a human and sometimes make mistakes!!  If you find an error with my pattern, please let me know in the comment section and I will try to correct it as soon as possible!!! If you are having difficulty with my pattern, the best way to contact me for help is through my Amy B Stitched Facebook page.

 A lot of hard work goes into writing patterns.  Please feel free to share the link, but do not copy and distribute this pattern by any other means.

 If you like getting my FREE patterns and don't want to miss out on any future ones, you can subscribe to my blog and have all of my new entries delivered straight to your email inbox! Just type your email address into the field on the right hand column under the heading "follow by email" and click submit.  Be sure to check your email (sometimes it will end up in your junk/spam folder) and follow the verification steps for your subscription to be complete!!

Blessings!!!
Amy B

MEANDERING PAW PRINTS SKINNY SCARF
For the printable pdf click HERE

SKILL LEVEL: Beginner/easy 
SIZE: 4.5 inches wide, each repeat of the pattern is 3” long. I used 21 repeats (approx. 63 inches long) for an adult scarf and 15 repeats (approx. 45 inches long) for a child’s scarf.
MATERIALS: Size H/8/5.0 mm crochet hook, Worsted/4/medium weight yarn approx. 4 oz (208 yards), yarn needle, measuring tape.
GAUGE: 7 dc = 2 inches, 5 dc rows = 3 inches
TERMS AND ABBREVIATIONS USED:
Ch – chain
Dc – double crochet
Sk – skip
Sp – space
St(s) – stitch (stitches)
NOTE:
1)      Ch 2 at beginning of row does NOT count as a stitch.
2)      Dc in last sk st: Insert the hook into the skipped stitch indicated and continue with your dc in the same manner as the other dc. This binds the two sts together into a cross stitch. (see pics below)



3)       If you find yourself having difficulty with this pattern, please contact me via private message on my Amy B Stitched Facebook page. It is the quickest way to reach me and I am always happy to help. Please be ready to provide pictures of your work so I can help you determine the source of your problem quicker and get you back to stitching up your scarf.

Chain 17
Row 1: working in the back ridge of the chain, Dc in 3rd chain from hook and in each chain across. (15 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2, turn. Dc 4, ch 4, sk 2, dc 9.
Row 3: Ch 2, turn. Dc 7, ch 1, sk 1, dc next st, 2 sc in ch 4 sp, dc next st, ch 1, sk 1, dc 2.
Row 4: Ch 2, turn. Dc 3, ch 1, sk 2, dc next st, dc in last sk st, ch 1, sk 1, dc 8.
Rows 5-6: Ch 2, turn. Dc in each st across. (15 dc)
Repeat rows 2-6 until scarf measures desired length. End with row 5.  Finish off and weave in ends. Add fringe if desired, or sew ends together for an infinity scarf.


This is an Original Design by Amy B Stitched. Feel free to make for profit, but remember to give credit to me, and link back to my blog 
Thank You!!! Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts