Sunday, January 19, 2014

Proverbs 16:3......Inspiration for the Stitcher

Proverbs 16:3

Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish
 your plans.

So let me get this straight.....if I tell God that I'm doing this for HIM...it's all gonna work out fine???

Well.....not exactly. Let's take a look at the verse that comes BEFORE!!

Proverbs 16:2  
All a person's ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the LORD.

You see....God is looking at my heart. So as a Christian I must ask myself......am I making this new afghan for my own personal FAME and GLORY??? Do I CARE about my customers or am I just trying to make a buck off of them.  I know that God is not against me making a living and selling my needlework.  Or making money teaching or blogging.  But when I commit my plans to HIM.....I must step aside and allow HIM be glorified in it first.

Be Blessed!!!
Amy B