Water Bottle Sling - FREE Crochet Pattern

I don't know about you....but during the summer months I find it really hard to sit and work on crochet and knit projects.  The beautiful weather outside is calling me to spend what little free time I have soaking up the sun.  Also, yarn can be really hot and makes my hands all sweaty.  But then I find myself RUSHING to get projects made up for Christmas gifts or a Craft Fair.  So the summer months are perfect for working up those small items that take just a little yarn and a little time.



My last project published was a Poop Bag Holder.  Todays pattern I believe compliments it perfectly. Many times I have been out walking my dog WISHING I had thought to grab a bottle of water so that I can give them a drink.  It gets SOOOOO hot here is South Texas!!!! Of course, it could also be used for someone without a dog and just wants a more convenient way to carry their water while they walk.

Can you see that I have attached a carribeaner to a collapsible measuring cup for easy drink stops.


I hope you enjoy this little pattern.  As always....if you find an error in the pattern please let me know in the comment section and I will try to fix it as soon as possible.


**This is an Original Design by Amy B Stitched. Feel free to make for profit, but remember to give credit to me, Amy B, and link back to this blog http://amysastitchatatime.blogspot.com/  Thanks!!**


WATER BOTTLE SLING
MATERIALS:
·         approx. 1 ounce or 70 yards worsted weight cotton yarn. Samples made using “I Love This Cotton”
·         size G crochet hooK
·         yarn needle
·         one pony style bead with large hole.

SIZE:  fits a 16.9 ounce water bottle

GAUGE: first two rows of pattern = 2 inches

STITCHES/TERMS USED:
·         ch = chain
·         dc = double crochet
·         sl st = slip stitch
·         beg = beginning
·         sc = single crochet
·         st = stitch
·         sk = skip
·         sp = space

INSTRUCTIONS:
Rnd 1: Ch 4, 11 dc in 4th ch from hook.  Sl st in top of beg ch 4 to join. (12)
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in first st.  2 dc in each st around. Sl st in top of beg ch 3 to join. (24)
Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st as join. (Ch 3, sk next st, sc in next st) around. Ch 1, dc in first sc to join. (12 ch sp)
Rnd 4: Ch 1, sc in sp formed at join. (Ch 4, sc in next ch 3 sp) around. Ch 1, dc in first sc to join.
Rnd 5: Ch 1, sc in sp formed at join. (ch 4, sc in next ch 4 sp) around. Ch 1, dc in first sc to join.
Rnd 6 – 14: repeat Rnd 5.
Rnd 15: Ch 1, 2 sc in sp formed at join. (Ch 2, 2 sc in next ch 4 sp) around. Ch 2, sl st in first sc to join. Finish off.

STRAP
Foundation Row: Attach yarn with a Standing Double Crochet on Rnd 12 in the space to the right of any sc, dc in next sc, dc in ch sp after sc. 
Row 2 – 70:  Ch 2 (does not count as st), turn. Dc in each st across.  (3 dc)
Row 71: Ch 1, turn.  Ensure the strap is not twisted. Working in sts on the other side of the sling, sl st through each dc and into the corresponding stitches across.  Finish off.  Weave in all ends securely.


TIE: Ch 80. Finish off, do not weave ends.  Weave tie through final row of chain spaces, centering the ends between the two straps.  Slip a pony bead onto both ends of the tie.  Tie an overhand knot at the end of each end of the tie.  This bead will be used to hold the tie securely after the water bottle is placed inside the sling.  

Be Blessed!!
Amy B

Comments

Popular Posts