Meandering Paw Prints Headband FREE Crochet Pattern


Today is the day I FINALLY release the Meandering Paw Prints HEADBAND Pattern!!  Until I found this yarn from Euphoria Knits, I really hadn't been inspired to finish the pattern. I met Janessa (Owner of Euphoria Knits) at a fiber festival a few weeks back.  We got to talking about her different colorways and yarns that she carries and I simply fell in LOVE with EVERYTHING about this skein of yarn.  It was soooooo soft and the color was perfect.  I took it home and before the weekend was over I had the headband pattern written.  And the BONUS?!?!  with the one 100g skein of yarn, not only was I able to crochet this headband, I was also able to make a pair of matching fingerless mitts!!!!  YAY!!!  Now I call that a great deal!!! It's a perfect simple winter gift set!


Remember....I am a human and sometimes make mistakes!!  If you find an error with my pattern, please let me know in the comment section and I will try to correct it as soon as possible!!! If you are having difficulty with my pattern, the best way to contact me for help is through my Amy B Stitched Facebook page.


This is an Original Design by Amy B Stitched. Feel free to make for profit, but remember to give credit to me, and link back to my blog www.amysastitchatatime.blogspot.com  

Thank You!!! Amy B


A lot of hard work goes into writing patterns.  Please feel free to share the link, but do not copy and distribute this pattern by any other means.


If you like getting my FREE patterns and don't want to miss out on any future ones, you can subscribe to my blog and have all of my new entries delivered straight to your email inbox! Just type your email address into the field on the right hand column under the heading "follow by email" and click submit.  Be sure to check your email (sometimes it will end up in your junk/spam folder) and follow the verification steps for your subscription to be complete!!

Blessings!!!
Amy B



MEANDERING PAW PRINTS HEADBAND

Find the Downloadable PDF HERE

SIZE: finished measurement 3 ¼” tall. Length determined by head size.
MATERIALS:  approx. 60 yds (1.3 oz/36 g) worsted/size 4/medium weight yarn, size 4.5 mm crochet hook, & yarn needle.
GAUGE:  Paw print patch measures 2 ¾” x 2 ¾”. Gauge is not extremely important.  If your patch turns out larger, your headband will be wider. If it is smaller, you may need to add an extra row of single crochet to the edging.
NOTES:  1) Ch 2 at the beginning of each row DOES NOT count as a stitch.
2) To help keep track of your stitches, the row stitch counts are in parenthesis at the end of each row. Chains are counted as individual stitches, except where you are instructed to “2 sc in ch 4 sp” then the entire ch sp is counted as one and you will work into the next stitch following the ch 4 sp.
3) DcCl: YO, insert hook into st, YO, draw up a loop, YO, draw through 2 loops. YO, insert hook into same st, YO, draw up a loop, YO, draw through 2 loops, YO, draw through last 3 loops.
4) Dc in last sk st: Insert the hook into the skipped stitch indicated and continue with your dc in the same manner as the other dc. This binds the two sts together into a cross stitch.


PAW PRINT MOTIF
Row 1: (RS) Ch 12, working in back ridge of chain, dc in 3rd  ch from hook and in next 8 chs. Dc-cl in last st.  (9 dc, 1 DcCl)
Row 2: (WS) Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 4 sts, ch 4, sk 2, dc next 3 sts, DcCl in last st. (7 dc, 4 chs, 1 DcCl)
Row 3: Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 2 sts, ch 1, sk 1, dc next st, 2 sc in ch 4 sp, dc next st, ch 1, sk 1, dc next st, DcCl in last st. (5dc, 2 ch 1 sp, 2 sc, 1 DcCl)
Row 4: Ch 2, turn. Dc first 3 sts, ch 1, sk 2, dc next st, dc last sk st, ch 1, sk 1, dc next 2 sts, DcCl in last st.   (7 dc, 2 ch 1 sp, 1 DcCl)
Row 5: Ch 2, turn. Dc in first 9 sts, DcCl in last st.  (9 dc, 1 DcCl)
RIBBED BAND
Next Row: Ch 1, rotate your work so that you are working down the side of the patch. Work 11 sc evenly into the ends of each row.  Your last sc will be placed into the foundation chain.  (Tip: work around the post of the sts at the ends of the rows instead of INTO the sts. The sc will appear much more even this way)
Next Row: Ch 1, turn. Sc in 1st st. Sc next 9 sts BLO, Sc last st.  (11 sc). Repeat this row until piece measures 3 inches shorter than your head measurement (my head is 22” circumference, so I will crochet until my entire piece measures 19”). Then, finish off, leaving a 12” tail.  Stitch your ends together with WS together.
EDGING
Row 1: Attach yarn into any stitch along top edge (do not attach on the paw print patch as your join may be more noticeable.  I join mine a few stitches to the left of the patch in the end of a row). Sc in each stitch and the end of each row around.  Sl st to join.
Row 2: Working in the BLO, loosely sl st around, occasionally giving a tug to make sure your stitches are not too tight as this will impede the stretch.  Finish off and weave in ends. 
Repeat edging instructions for the bottom edge. 



Find the FREE matching fingerless mitts pattern at: https://amysastitchatatime.blogspot.com/2019/06/meandering-paw-prints-fingerless-mitts.html

Comments

  1. Ok...

    This may sound kind of weird, maybe even a little "supernatural"

    BUT what if you could just hit "Play" and listen to a short, "magical tone"...

    And suddenly attract MORE MONEY into your LIFE?

    And I'm talking about BIG MONEY, even MILLIONS of DOLLARS!!

    Think it's too EASY? Think this couldn't possibly be for REAL?

    Well, I'll be the one to tell you the news..

    Usually the most significant miracles in life are also the EASIEST!!

    In fact, I'm going to provide you with PROOF by allowing you to PLAY a real-life "magical money tone" I've produced...

    And TOTALLY FOR FREE

    You just press "Play" and watch money coming right into your life. starting almost INSTANTLY.

    GO here to enjoy the magical "Miracle Money Sound Frequency" - as my gift to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts